Wild Lady of Rock is Tina’s very first solo home video with a concert from London’s Apollo Theatre, recorded on March 25, 1979. Dressed in Bob Mackie costumes and supported by four dancers, Tina performed several cover versions of popular songs, some old ones from Ike & Tina and some new tracks after the recording of her solo records Rough and Love Explosion. Wild Lady of Rock was released in 1979 from VCL / Hendring on VHS and Beta video and in 1986 on LaserDisc, partially with the different title „Queen of Rock’n Roll“.
1. The Bitch Is Back (Live) 2:34
Written by Elton John, Bernie Taupin
2. Crazy Cajun Cakewalking Band (Live) 4:24
Written by L. Vegas, P. Vegas, J. Ford
3. Hot Legs (Live) 3:00
Written by Gary Grainger, Rod Stewart
4. Nutbush City Limits (Live) 3:07
Written by Tina Turner
5. River Deep, Mountain High (Live) 3:52
Written by Phil Spector, Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich
6. The Woman I’m Supposed To Be (Live) 3:28
Written by C. Wade
7. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (Live) 3:24
Written by Otis Redding, J. Butler
8. Can’t Turn You Loose (Live) 2:12
Written by Otis Redding
9. Don’t Leave Me This Way (Live) 2:18
Written by Kenneth Gamble, Leon Huff, Cary Gilbert
10. Givin’ It Up For Your Love (Live) 2:25
Written by Jerry Lynn Williams
11. Fever (Live) 2:07
Written by Eddie Cooley, John Davenport
12. Disco Inferno (Live) 2:48
Written by Leroy Green, Ron Kersey
13. Music Keeps Me Dancin’ (Live) 1:22
Written by Lenny Macaluso, Pat Summerson
14. Help Me Make It Through The Night (Live) 3:13
Written by Kris Kristofferson
15. Everyone Is A Winner (Live)4:43
Written by E. Brown
16. Root, Toot Undisputable Rock’n Roller (Live) 3:18
Written by G. Jackson
17. You Don’T Bring Me Flowers Anymore (Live) 2:51
Written by Alan & Marilyn Bergman
18. Sometimes When We Touch (Live) 3:30
Written by D. Hill, B. Mann
19. Medley (Live) 4:34
Tracks: It's Gonna Work Out Fine, A Fool In Love, Honky Tonk Women, Acid Queen, I Want To Take You Higher, Le Freak, Proud Mary, Music Keeps Me Dancin'
Design & Art Direction: Shoot That Tiger!
May 05, 1979
From VCL — Europe's largest independent pre-recorded video producer - comes an exclusive specially recorded convert performance by America’s dazzling rock singer Tina Turner. This is no copy of an old concert — THIS IS AN ORIGINAL. Tina’s concert - specially produced for VCL and recorded by them in front of an invited audience - took place in London’s Apollo Theatre on March 25th this year. From that concert come unique 30 minute soul-searching cassettes of Tina at her best. And they’re available now at all good video shops.VCL will also a feature version for the cinema.
„There are many types of performers; Crooners, Comics and Jokers. I’m no Crooner and I’m no Joker…Consider myself a Croaker!“
…..TINA TURNER…the raunchiest lady on stage - she oozes sensuality, excitement and sheer dynamism.
Feel the raw energy, the emotion and the tension in this explosive performance, as Tina „struts her stuff“
„People ask me when I’m going to slow down“ Do you know what I tell them?“ „I’m JUST GETTING STARTED…..!!!“…..TINA TURNER.